Sunday, July 1, 2012

Brave

Movie:  Brave
Like/Don't Like:  Like.  I was suprised by some parts.  But in a good way.

I've never been envious of a cartoon character's hair until I saw Merida's red curls.  Pixar should get an oscar just for how glorious they looked.  In other news:  this was a sweet movie.  All I've really heard about it was that the animation was amazing.  And I totally agree.  Let's all move to Scotland!  But the story was really good.  And suprising.  You don't often find a movie that deals almost exclusively with a mother/daughter relationship, but especially an animated one.  Because most mother's are dead or abscent in animated Disney films.  And you definitely don't find a Disney movie without a love story.  This didn't have one at all.  And it was kind of refreshing.  I was genuinely surprised by the twist this had (no, I won't tell you ) and was kind of put off at first but then went with the flow and saw that it was a really tender story.  It still has everything you expect from Pixar, it was funny and sweet and had a lot of depth. And Merida made a great heroine.  It was pretty solid.

1 comment:

Rach said...

I was surprised by the story, too, for the same reason. There were 2 parents, both loving and kind! What a concept! I was glad I didn't have my 3-year-old with me, because it was pretty scary for little kids, but I liked it and so did my 7-year-old.