Monday, July 14, 2008

Stop in the Name of Pants

Book: Stop in the Name of Pants
Author: Louise Rennison
Like/Don't Like: Luuuuurve

Oh how I love these books. They make me laugh like a loon on loon pills. This is the latest in the Georgia books and it measured up, as always. They're the type of books that you can't read in public because you won't be able to stop yourself from laughing out loud and snorting. It's happened to me. And Katie. They are entirely laugh-out-loud-able. And quotable. I find myself thinking or saying things that Georgia would say because they're just so fitting. For instance, the phrase "Blimey O'Reilly's Trousers" is always in my head when something goes wrong.

If you're familiar with the books you have a few things to look forward to: an updated glossary, the snogging scale in German, and a new bison viking hornpipe disco dance with exact instructions on how to do it that had me laughing and snorting and nearly wetting myself. Plus, loads of Dave the Laugh. Admit it, he's your fave.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe a movie is being made right now of Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging. Do you think they can pull it off? I sure hope so. As long as they cast Georgia well. Except I think the glossary is one of the best parts of the books. Hmmmmmm...

Amanda said...

Rachel, i think you should make a list of the things that actually make you laugh like a loon on loon pills, because I know for a fact that these books are not the only thing that does that to you.
I do miss that about you. Oh, the laughter.

Jenny said...

I loved "Angus" and totally forgot about the books until I read this post. Off I wander to my library's website...