Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

Album: Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
Artist: Spoon
Like/Don't Like: Like

I had a hard time making it all the way through this album because I couldn't stop listening to track 7, the Underdog. This song is the reason why I got the album in the first place. Catchy, very catchy.

And, as it turns out, so are all the other songs. I finally listened to the whole thing yesterday and liked it all. Kind of a peppy-rock feel, good for bouncing along to while your driving. I bet they would be fun to see live. Mostly because of the back-up clapping. The album is full of it. That's what puts Underdog at the top for me - all that clapping. You'll know what I'm talking about when you hear. It kind of makes it dangerous to drive. I'm a sucker for clapping in songs. There's nothing worse than an over-produced album, and clapping signifies a very low-tech approach that I can appreciate. Okay, and it makes me think of that scene in That Think You Do with Chris Isaak clapping as they record the song in the church. Mmm...Chris Isaak.

2 comments:

courtney said...

ok, so this post is ancient, but i've never trotted over to this corner of your interwebs before. and i just wanted to to say that, try as i might, i have been tragically unable to replicate the clapping rhythm in the underdog (which i heart with all my heart). can you do it? i feel like people in nearby cars are probably looking at me and wondering if that spazzy girl is actually having a seizure while she drives.

ok, to be fair, perhaps practicing complex hand claps while driving is slightly unsafe.

but seriously, can you do it? please teach me!

courtney said...

oh, but don't teach me here, because i probably will forget to come back to this corner of the interwebs. i think you know where to reach me...